Join members of the Roman Road Trust at Bow Church on Saturday 3 February, between 1.30-3.30pm, to talk about the future of Bow.
We’ll be taking a walk around the local area to look at what needs to be improved and preserved. There will be tea and biscuits at the church and children’s activities too. This is a chance to find out more about how our community can legally have a say in the planning of our neighbourhood.
So, what things could be included in a Neighbourhood Plan for Roman Road and Bow?
- Improvements to the public realm (pavements, squares, pocket parks, underused spaces)
- Traffic and congestion (cycling routes, buses, one-way systems, safer crossings/pedestrian access)
- A community building (a multi-use space run by the community for the community)
- Support for the high street (fewer betting shops, protecting key services, look and feel, licensing, evening economy, WIFI)
- Preservation and celebration of our heritage (East End, grime scene, Suffragettes, industry, protecting traditional housing stock)
- Security (lighting, policing)
- Art and culture (community events, street art, art installations)
- Eco inititiaves (green roofs, vegetable planters, pocket parks)